Who Says Grooming is Only for Women?
Whoever came to the superficial conclusion that grooming is just for women is wrong on so many levels. Surely, that notion must have stemmed from a bygone era where social norms are strictly followed but modern times are now breaking boundaries. The present society saw that grooming is not only for, us, ladies but also for the self-savvy gentlemen.
The state of a man’s health can be determined by the way you groom yourself. Appearance speaks a lot about your personality and what is going on inside your body so if you are sporting an unkempt hairstyle, unshaven facial hair, or your underarms are stinking; those things just give off the vibe that you might be ill or you are not man enough to present yourself positively. The best solution for that is to have your grooming must-haves at your disposal. So without further ado, here are the things that you need for you to become a well groomed man.
- Men’s shampoo. Some men opt to use soap as cleaning agent for their hair but that is a big no-no! Shampoo is essential to keep hair soft and less prone to dandruff. Choosing the right shampoo will definitely make you ready for those hair-tugging and caressing moments.
- Hair wax or gel. Along with shampoo comes these hair styling products that make your hair look even better. It also adds to your overall appearance. Just do not put too much or your hair would become icky and rough. Remember, men with good hair are more attractive.
- Soap or body wash. Men need soap to cleanse off the dirt that accumulated in their body throughout the day. Aside from that, soap keeps the skin moisturized and healthy. A bonus tip: it is advised that men take a shower before going to sleep to rinse whatever is on the body.
- Face wash. This product is often overlooked by the males, thinking it would just be a waste of their time but face wash is an essential good for men’s skin care. Here’s why. The skin around your face is delicate so soap is not an option because of its harsh components. You need extra care for this part of your body. Face wash moisturizes the face, keeps it from being oily, and most importantly, it lessens the chances of you having acne.
- Need I say more? The natural body scent of a man is a major turn on, yes, but in a tropical country like the Philippines, you cannot rely on that alone because you will perspire a lot. You need a deodorant to ward off that body odor and to keep you smelling fresh all day.
- Shaving set. Facial hair makes you look sexier but you would not want it to grow into a bird’s nest, right? You need to trim it, maintain it, or if you do not want to grow a beard or moustache, you can shave it all off for a clean-shaven look. Either way is a major turn on!
- Lip balm. Oops, do not panic! This is not the same with a lipstick. It is applied on the lips to relieve its dryness and also to cure those pieces of skin that come off your lips. You will not regret using lip balm because it will give you softer and more kissable lips.
Grooming is a significant part of a man’s healthy lifestyle. Being well groomed speaks a lot of volumes. No, it does not make you vain or gay or whatever other people say. It does not make you a lesser man. A well groomed gentleman shows that if you can take on the simple task of taking care of yourself, you can also conquer and excel in other aspects of your life. So go, man, make yourself feel good! Happy grooming!
Comments are closed