Articles, Blog, Guides
The Benefits of Organic Skin Care Products
This is a question that is often asked, especially as there are so many brands of skincare on the market, promising so much. All the products used within Christian Acuña Organic Skincare for Men are natural and Organic. The Australian Certified Organic and Biological Farmers of Australia is a guarantee that the organic ingredients are the best quality available. Organic ingredients are grown under tight regulations, which ban the use of harmful chemical fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides.
Christian Acuña Organic Cosmetics is passionate about the benefits of truly natural and organic skincare, and here are some of the reasons why.
• Research has shown that the average man applies more than 60 chemicals to his skin during the course of a day (woman triple that number) and up to 60% of these are absorbed into the bloodstream – it therefore makes sense to use the purest of pure ingredients.
• Using genuinely natural skincare can help to improve the health of your skin making your skin look fresher and younger.
• Organic skincare ingredients are often the best quality available. All the ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides and artificial fertilisers and in an environmentally sustainable way. This means products formulated with organic ingredients are better for your skin and kinder to the environment.
• Organic skincare tends to contain proportionally less synthetic and chemical ingredients. Many synthetic ingredients may irritate the skin and cause skin allergies to develop.
• Organic skincare tends to be fresher by the time it gets to you, as it usually has a shorter shelf life (did you know that many creams may be over one year old before you even buy them).
Have you ever taken time to read the ingredient listing on skincare products and wondered what all the complicated long words actually are, or thought about what effect they might have on your skin and health?
Here is a small sample of ingredients commonly used in skin care, and the negative effects that they can have on your health.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS)
This synthetic substance is commonly used in almost every skin and hair product as a foaming agent. It is a harsh detergent that when applied to human skin strips off the natural oil layer leaving the skin rough and open to irritation and reactions. Can contribute towards urinary tract infections, skin rashes and eye irritation.
Don’t be fooled just because it smells nice! Most fragrances used in skin care today are from synthetic origins. Fragrance on a label can indicate the presence of up to four thousand separate ingredients which do not have to be disclosed. Many of these ingredients can be toxic and carcinogenic as well as causing headaches, dizziness rashes and irritation.
DEA ( Diethanolamine, MEA (monoethanolamine) and TEA (Triethanolamine)
These ingredients are found in most products that foam. They are hormone disrupting chemicals which are restricted in Europe due to known carcinogenic effects. DEA has been linked with Kidney and liver damage according to several government funded researches
This is a petroleum based by-product used as humectant to soften the skin and retain moisture. Petroleum plastics penetrate the skin and weaken the protein and cellular structures but can be used in skin care in concentrations of up to 20%. Shockingly it is also the main ingredient in certain types of Anti-freeze! Not surprisingly the ingredient can cause allergic reactions, liver abnormalities and kidney damage.
A petroleum by-product that coats the skin like plastic, clogging the pores and interfering with the skins ability to eliminate toxins promoting acne and other skin disorders. It slows down skin function and cell development. Mineral oils, shockingly are a very common ingredient used in baby care products, with baby oil being 100% mineral oil.
Fortunately, there are alternatives……….
Christian Acuña Organic Skincare for Men stocks three different skincare ranges which are specifically chosen to avoid chemicals, unnatural preservatives, parabens, fragrances and colours. The products are also cruelty free and not tested on animals. They are 100% certified organic and more importantly they actually work!
Comments are closed