What causes inflammation on the skin?
There are several problems that result in skin feeling sensitive, hot or inflamed. It is important to attend to irritated skin, as issues tend to persist and spread.
• Dermatitis/eczema are often due to skin contact with irritants. Detergents, bleaches and fragrances are frequent culprits. Allergies, cold air and emotional stress can also trigger flare ups. Symptoms include dry, flaky, red and itchy skin and may resolve with cessation of contact with irritant and application of gentle moistursers. Chronic dermatitis may be due to an over-activated inflammatory response and treatment beyond topical products may need to be sought Read More
Organic Skincare for men should work when used topically. The idea is to combine topical and ingested anti aging ingredients to fight the battle against age. This “new” compound in the vegetable ‘not only slows down vision loss and middle-age spread’, but also experts believe the loss of energy production is a key driver of ageing.
What broccoli contains is something called nicotinamide mononucleotide compensated (NMN).
It has been suggested by this study that physical signs of ageing could be slowed down by a compound found in broccoli, cabbage and avocado.
MNM in this study was found to slow down the deterioration of liver and eye function, bone density and the metabolism. While it was also found to prevent laboratory mice from gaining weight as they aged – despite consuming more food. Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) compensated for the loss of energy production, which experts believe is a key driver of the body’s ageing process. Read More
Yes the old broccoli appears to be a very handy Holy Grail. A very thorough study by Stephen Matthews suggests that compound in the vegetable ‘slows down vision loss and middle-age spread’. Experts believe the loss of energy production is a key driver of ageing. This truly rejuvenating compound called nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) is the responsible for the dramatic reduction of cell damage by rejuvenating adults at a cellular level. The NMN found in broccoli, it slowed the deterioration of the eye and metabolism
It has been claimed by this study that Read More
A breakthrough in understanding human skin cells offers a pathway for new anti-ageing treatments.
For the first time, scientists at Newcastle University have identified that the activity of a key metabolic enzyme found in the batteries of human skin cells declines with age.
A study, published online in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, has found that the activity of mitochondrial complex II significantly decreases in older skin.
This discovery brings experts a step closer to developing powerful anti-ageing treatments and cosmetic products which may be tailored to counteract the decline in the enzyme’s activity levels.
6 Effective Grooming Hacks for the Men of the Land Down Under
All men need to know that grooming is an important aspect of your overall personality. It is not enough that you shower and get dressed in lightning speed. Take note, your body has to be well taken care of from inside out so in that case, you might want to extend your minute-long grooming routine to something more thorough and keen.
This piece includes three basic aspects of grooming – your hair, face, and body. The guidelines are simple and easy to follow and I assure you, these will yield significant effect on how you present yourself to others.
- The number one problem men encounter with their hair is dandruff. According to the Australian College of Dermatologists, dandruff affects a whopping 50% of the population. Caused by scaling of the skin on the scalp, it makes the scalp itchy and the flakes that fall when you scratch your hair are not such a pretty sight. The shampoo that you are using right now might not be suitable for your hair type so switching to anti-dandruff shampoo is one of the best options to get rid of dandruff.
- Another hair problem that bugs men is that awful receding There are easy hacks to solve this and one of them is finding a really good hairdresser who understands your taste. When choosing the haircut that you want, do not go for those new slicked back styles as these reveal your hairline. It is best to go for the natural cut which is never going to go out of style.
- Oily face is caused by the hyperactivity of sebaceous glands which produce “sebum” or oil. Nobody wants a greasy face so with the help of good grooming, you guys can be as fresh as the morning breeze. Always remember to cleanse your face every morning and evening using lukewarm water. Make this a routine and follow it religiously. A moisturizer will also do the trick but you should opt for those oil-free moisturizers, otherwise a greasy catastrophe awaits you. There are also quick fixes to oily face like oil pads which you will just sweep on your face to leave a fresh finish.
- Beards can be very sexy but if not maintained properly, it would be just a hairy disaster. Always keep in mind to trim your beard when it is already dry, otherwise you would end up with a rough and uneven cut. Beard oil is also a must so you should invest for this grooming must have. This product does not only make your beard look good, it also keeps your beard soft and touchable.
- Men also engage on the ongoing battle with body odor. Here’s the thing, nothing beats body odor than a regular dose of shower. After taking a bath, do not forget to apply anti-perspirant deodorant for further protection. Remember, never mask body odor with cologne. Dude, go easy on the perfume! The sickly scent of BO plus the strong fragrance of the cologne is not such a pleasant combination.
- Wet armpits, sweat stained fabrics, and just too much sweat? This condition is called hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. It affects one in 35 people, according to an article published in com.au. Yes, this is a huge discomfort especially if you are around people every day. But you do not have to fret because there are ways to deal with this circumstance. You may find the solution to this problem through antiperspirants but it is not 100% guaranteed. So aside from taking baths regularly to keep sweat from ruining your day, you might also want to reassess your drinking habits because, take note, alcohols and caffeine increase sweat factor.
So there, now you know the basics of grooming. I bet you, these hacks will help you boost your manliness. So go forth and do your thing!
4 Effective Men’s Skin Care Tips for the Great Aussie Summer
News Flash: The Australian summer season is underway with temperatures ranging from up to 44 degrees Celsius.
Boy is that scorching! But you wouldn’t let the heat beat the fun now, would you? Being in the southern hemisphere of the globe, summer in the Land Down Under is from December to February. It is the season to surf the waves and go outdoors. It is the time to take a break from all the fuss and just be care free. However, having all the fun this summer doesn’t necessarily mean that you’d have to get careless about your body, especially your skin. In fact, it is during this season that your skin needs extra attention. So, guys pay a little more interest to these simple summer skin care tips or else you’d end up with an embarrassing case of tan lines or excruciating sunburn (ouch).
Skin care tip 1. Try scratching on any surface of your body. Did white lines appear? Well, that’s simply because your skin is dry. What you need is a moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out. Not only that, moisturizer also prevents your face from being too oily and icky. In this way, you’re always ready to put your handsome game face on, minus the dry skin, shiny nose, and sweaty forehead.
Skin care tip 2. This summer, your skin needs double protection from the scorching sun and what better way to do that than to apply sunscreen? This is essential for you to keep those hideous tan lines at bay, prevent the dreaded sunburn, and even skin cancer. Yes, you read it right – skin cancer. According to the Cancer Council Australia, severe sunburn causes 95% of melanomas, the deadliest form of skin cancer. They also stated that, “tanning is a sign that you have been exposed to enough ultraviolet (UV) radiation to damage your skin.” So this indicates that those tans, contrary to what people think, are not so healthy at all. Moreover, their reports indicated that the five-year relative survival rate for melanoma is 90% for Australian men and 94% for Australian women. So if you’re thinking of skipping sunscreen, you might want to think again.
Skin care tip 3. Wash your face and even your whole body with a face and body wash that works for you. What does that mean? Sometimes, your skin doesn’t react well with certain products so it is best to be mindful of what is suitable for your skin type. Face and body wash are important to cleanse the pores and rinse the sweat so you’ll look and smell good throughout the day.
Skin care tip 4. Lip balm truly comes in handy. The summer heat will definitely take a toll on your lips because they dry up and get cracked, leaving patches of skin coming off your lips. Lip balm keeps your lips plump and kissable all summer so don’t overlook this skin care essential for you to be ready for those heated moments under the sun.
Engaging in every summer activity under the warm Aussie sun is as essential as taking care of your skin. Just follow these simple guidelines to proper skin care and I assure you, your summer will definitely be a blast!
The Round, Round World of Beer Belly
Having such a good time catching up with your mates and just pure uninhibited fun coupled with a big cooler overflowing with booze and really good food. The next thing you know, you are already drinking the whole night away. Yes, drinking with your best dudes is fun. Your drinking sessions become a regular habit. You think nothing is wrong with chugging down your favourite alcohol but maybe you would think twice after seeing yourself in the mirror, looking at that awesome body, and realizing that your washboard six-pack abs are already replaced by a heavy case of beer belly. Scream! Read More
Proper Diet plus Exercise: The Road to Physical Fitness
A certain research revealed that men are just as body conscious as women. Do you agree? Perhaps you need more insight on this particular topic, maybe another round of numbers and figures to let you know that, yes, men are also plagued by certain issues about their physique.
Facts and Figures
Male body image dissatisfaction has drastically increased to 45% over the past years. Among these concerns include having man boobs, love handles, beer belly, and not-so-great abs. In addition, a study which surveyed 2000 males showed that 58% of the respondents admitted having a fear of being overweight while 14% of them said they felt they did not have enough muscle mass. According to J. Walter Thompson (JWT) Intelligence Survey, 29% and 39% of the male species stress about man boobs and beer belly, respectively while 32% worry about their abs. In the face of tackling these body image challenges, the saddening thought is that men tend to ignore these things when in fact it should be properly acknowledged because men also need to feel empowered.
The Key to Success
And what better way to address and even solve male body image negativity than talking about proper diet and exercise? Before you even say that you cannot fit workout in your busy schedule, let me tell you that these exercises will not take longer than 20 minutes. This calorie blast workout consists of jumping jacks, triceps dips, walking lunges, calf raises, and mountain climbers plus push-ups on knees, plank, and squat jump. All you have to do is perform each exercise for 60 seconds. After finishing one set, you may rest for two minutes and then resume until you complete three sets. The benefits of doing this workout continuously without cheating are as follows: you will burn significant amount of calories; you will increase your muscle tone and improve body circulation plus you will not spend your banknotes on expensive gym training.
Of course you also need to observe proper diet to ensure the progress of your road to fitness. Diet does not mean depriving yourself of every food that you see. You can still enjoy your favourites provided that you consume them moderately and in small quantities. High fiber diet with heaps of fruit and vegetables are also essential if you want to lose weight. Conversely, you need to avoid processed and artificial food products. Alcohol and caffeinated drinks are also a big no-no as well as cigarettes. The best option for drinks are fresh fruit juices and most especially, water; plenty of water for it flushes toxins out of your digestive system and keeps you hydrated.
Negative body image and physical fitness are on the opposite sides of the spectrum. If you will keep on dwelling on the negative side, you will definitely not feel confident about yourself. However, if you start treading the road to physical fitness, you will find it easier to embrace the man that you are. Keeping fit is never a simple task. In fact, it is a priority and like other priorities in life, you should pay extra attention to it. You have to strive to achieve the best version of yourself not because of what others say but because you want to do it for you.
Once you start building the desired confidence brought by keeping your body fit and healthy, you will become an empowered man who is at par with the world around you.
Holidays are over and you used to eat a lot of food that was served on your table, aren’t you? Have you noticed your body gains weight maybe a pound or more? Think of the cakes and more sweets that you ate and now you realized you gain fats and not a muscle.
You are now overthinking of how you get rid of those fats and make youself light. Well, exercising is not enough but you must also be specific on progressive ways of diet. Such as walking, jogging, even cutting carbs and glutinous foods. Would you think these steps would be beneficial for you? That is the question.
Now what is the best workout to shed those fats and become a good looking guy. It just takes consistency, dedication and a good routine. Always think of it that muscles burn fat twice faster than fat burns fat. Usually, toning muscles can burn more often fats as you do exercise as a habit. The simpliest way of shedding off those fats is simply obey your plan of diet, exercise and refresh yourself with water. (Note: Energy drinks are not advisable for beginners, may cause weakness of bones)
On your exercise routine, you must begin with a body warm up to avoid stressing your body from too much pressure. Start it with your head down to your toes, and breath normally as you do so.
Jogging or Walking is a common way to sweat up, follow with some cardio exercises that runs about 30-45 minutes a day. If you have an equipment such as threadmill or bicycle, why not to step on and run from moderate to intense.
But take note of your health condition before doing any cardio exercises, better to see a doctor first before doing it so.
Let’s talk about your daily meal as you energize yourself. Losing weight is not worth it when you don’t exercise, and you need energy as long as you work on your body.
First, never take too much stimulants for energy. They can damage your bones and become weak. Eat food that is rich in Vitamin B and Potassium such as banana.
Also, you might want to take food that is rich in Vitamin C. This will help you increase stamina and boost your immune system. As long as you ate this food then you can achieve longer run for jogging. Orange, Brocolli, most of the fruits and vegetables are rich in Vitamin C.
And of course, lessen the carbohydrate intake or better yet, cut off the carbs. Rice and Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates that absorbs by your body and turns to fat. Better yet, eat more food that is rich in fiber such as wheat breads and oatmeals.
Consistency of exercise may lead to a better result. The more you work on it, the best way of sacrificing a lot for your muscle weight. By losing weight, you also lose the chance of having complications and symptoms of body aches and health risk.
Do this routine 3-5 times a week, continous workout and sleep for at least 7 hours. Never stress out yourself on exercise, may cause you overfatigue.
Monitor your body every week. Check your weight and your metabolism rate. Don’t be discouraged if changes are not yet seen. Work on for about 30 days and notice a drastic changes on your physical built. Try not to do the “cheat day” as you eat a lot. But if you do so, burn it and do workout twice as you did.