6 Effective Grooming Hacks for the Men of the Land Down Under
All men need to know that grooming is an important aspect of your overall personality. It is not enough that you shower and get dressed in lightning speed. Take note, your body has to be well taken care of from inside out so in that case, you might want to extend your minute-long grooming routine to something more thorough and keen.
This piece includes three basic aspects of grooming – your hair, face, and body. The guidelines are simple and easy to follow and I assure you, these will yield significant effect on how you present yourself to others.
- The number one problem men encounter with their hair is dandruff. According to the Australian College of Dermatologists, dandruff affects a whopping 50% of the population. Caused by scaling of the skin on the scalp, it makes the scalp itchy and the flakes that fall when you scratch your hair are not such a pretty sight. The shampoo that you are using right now might not be suitable for your hair type so switching to anti-dandruff shampoo is one of the best options to get rid of dandruff.
- Another hair problem that bugs men is that awful receding There are easy hacks to solve this and one of them is finding a really good hairdresser who understands your taste. When choosing the haircut that you want, do not go for those new slicked back styles as these reveal your hairline. It is best to go for the natural cut which is never going to go out of style.
- Oily face is caused by the hyperactivity of sebaceous glands which produce “sebum” or oil. Nobody wants a greasy face so with the help of good grooming, you guys can be as fresh as the morning breeze. Always remember to cleanse your face every morning and evening using lukewarm water. Make this a routine and follow it religiously. A moisturizer will also do the trick but you should opt for those oil-free moisturizers, otherwise a greasy catastrophe awaits you. There are also quick fixes to oily face like oil pads which you will just sweep on your face to leave a fresh finish.
- Beards can be very sexy but if not maintained properly, it would be just a hairy disaster. Always keep in mind to trim your beard when it is already dry, otherwise you would end up with a rough and uneven cut. Beard oil is also a must so you should invest for this grooming must have. This product does not only make your beard look good, it also keeps your beard soft and touchable.
- Men also engage on the ongoing battle with body odor. Here’s the thing, nothing beats body odor than a regular dose of shower. After taking a bath, do not forget to apply anti-perspirant deodorant for further protection. Remember, never mask body odor with cologne. Dude, go easy on the perfume! The sickly scent of BO plus the strong fragrance of the cologne is not such a pleasant combination.
- Wet armpits, sweat stained fabrics, and just too much sweat? This condition is called hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. It affects one in 35 people, according to an article published in com.au. Yes, this is a huge discomfort especially if you are around people every day. But you do not have to fret because there are ways to deal with this circumstance. You may find the solution to this problem through antiperspirants but it is not 100% guaranteed. So aside from taking baths regularly to keep sweat from ruining your day, you might also want to reassess your drinking habits because, take note, alcohols and caffeine increase sweat factor.
So there, now you know the basics of grooming. I bet you, these hacks will help you boost your manliness. So go forth and do your thing!